Well, all of the good thoughts paid off, Uncle Phil! I got a new job, everyone!!!
Starting Thursday, I am the new laboratory manager for a new investigator in the UCD School of Veterinary Medicine, Department of Molecular Biosciences. The lab's focus is on the link between energy utilization and its effects upon aging. They're are looking specifically at mitochondria and how the body metabolizes food. There will be some work with animals but nothing compared to what I used to do at the medical school. I won't be working with any infectious diseases, nothing that can cause cancer, and no public policy or human life rests on the results of my work. Whew! I'll be doing research part of the time as well as supervising some undergraduate students and being responsible for safety, training, and compliance issues.
I'm really looking forward to getting back into the lab. I've truly enjoyed being home, but I've also realized that I like using my scientific knowledge, making new discoveries, and being part of a team working towards a common goal. I also see this opportunity as a brand new start. These past few months have taught me an awful lot, about myself and the way I want to fit into the world. I'm looking forward to testing some of my new perspectives as well as being able to further use the gifts that God has bestowed upon me.
Wish me luck, and I'll update you all as the adventure unfolds!
3 comments:
Wow...your new job sounds interesting. Something I know nothing about! I'm happy for you that you found something that you will enjoy doing. Being at home can be fun for a while, but it can wear on you after a while. I hope you feel rejuvinated with a new job and a new focus! Congrats!
Congrats! Good luck Thurs. Also, I've been seeing the Hulk movie commercials - have you seen it yet?! Do you still have your Hulk baby doll?! What a hoot.
Love you.
Hey, Aunt Wendie!
No, I don't have the Hulk doll anymore. Legend goes that I loved the stuffin' right out of him. I guess the stretchy-plastic-gooey innards of the doll started to leak and Hulk was relegated to the trash. I wish I had pictures! I haven't seen any of the Hulk movies yet. The closest I've gotten is watching Lou Ferrigno on "The King of Queens." It's just not the same without Lou!
Love you!
Post a Comment