This year, I was out in the backyard, trimming some trees, when I noticed that the dormant bulbs were starting to shoot up little, green leaves. I wished that, at that point, I had started a "daffodil watch" and photo-chronicled the emergence of this year's flowers. So, with hindsight being 20/20, I decided to at least take a picture of the flowers in their glory and resolve to post a "daffodil watch" next year.
I was so excited to see that the bulbs had survived and that the plant had conceded to bloom for us once more. Daffodils really are the happiest flowers! So bright, so cheerful...have you ever seen a daffodil bloom that was deformed or never completely opened? Me neither. There's just something about them. My mom's dad, Pa, loved daffodils and always had rows of them growing in his yard. I use to love sitting in the front yard, outside their mobile home in Elk Grove...enjoying the yellow celebrities of spring!
No comments:
Post a Comment