Monday, March 10, 2008

It's been a while...

Hello, all! I'm sorry that it's been a while since I've posted a blog. I don't have regular access to a computer anymore, so the posts have been sparse. Hopefully, I'll change that and start posting weekly, on Mondays, when Mom let's me monopolize her computer.

I've been at home, busy cleaning and organizing and getting us ready for a move. There's no new news on the UCSF front. We're still waiting, anxiously, for that little letter. My old roommate and dear friend, Kaman, told me that her letter (three years ago) came about this time in March. Yikes! So, I continue to wait...

Paul is doing well, too. Things at his work are getting a little harried and the state's inadequate budget is going to be wreaking a bit o' havoc on the cataloging department this next year, but hopefully Paul will be long gone by the time the cuts take place. He's actually looking for a job now, in hopes of beating the hatchet and, perhaps, finding something a bit more personally satisfying. We're contemplating the possibility of a zero income, two student household this next year. If I do, in fact, get into pharmacy school, Paul is thinking about going back to school in the bay area and studying something fun. The loss of income will actually allow me more financial aid for my schooling, and in my first year when the aid will be scarce, any assistance will be most useful.

This coming weekend I will be going to a spa in Calistoga with some girlfriends, Jenn and Tanya. Both Tanya and I turn 30 years old this month, Tanya on the 14th and I on the 23rd. We decided that a girlfriends' spa getaway would be a lovely treat for us all. So, I'll be meeting the ladies Sunday morning for a mud bath, massages, facials, an evening's stay at the spa's hotel, and a wine tasting tour of the area the next day. I'll have pictures and details next week!

Alrighty, that's a quick and dirty catch-up on the Domer Family! I'll keep you posted as best I can and will definitely let you know when we FINALLY hear from UCSF.

Happy spring to you all!!!

No comments: