Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Hands Full Creations


I was quite fortunate, not too long ago, to get in touch again with a dear, old friend of mine. Sarah and I go way back...to the days of Belinda Carlisle, New Kids on the Block, and Adventures in Babysitting (do you remember that movie, too?). I have some of the greatest childhood memories with Sarah, my first best friend. Years later, she's living in Los Angeles with a beautiful family and a burgeoning business of her own.

Sarah was always an amazing seamstress and one of the most creative people I've known. These days, she operates her own home-based handbag and accesory design company. She designs and sews, by hand, an adorable and utilitarian line of handbags, glasses cases, wallets, and more. She has an amazing eye for fabric and texture and a real penchant for retro designs. She operates her store, Hands Full Creations, on-line. I've been meaning to post a link to her shop for quite some time, but (as always) I've allowed time to get the upperhand. Please check out her store. I know that you'll find something (probably, like me, MANY things) to tickle your fancy. She's coming up with novel designs all the time and truly considers function in her form! I know that you'll love her line of handbags and, right now, she's offering free shipping on all items.

I think I might get myself a little something for Valentine's Day!

2 comments:

Bette's Bags said...

What a good friend you are! Thanks for the link.

Mrs. D said...

Thank you, Bette's Bags (mother and daughter)! I sure appreciate the compliment. Funny, I was checking out Etsy the other day (a new site to me) and found your shop. I just love your Modern Floral Sling. You may be hearing more from me! ;-)