I guess I'm kind of a strange girl. I can honestly say that there's no pair of shoes, sunglasses, perfume, or article of clothing that makes me drool more than a new camera (o.k., maybe the new Audi S6, but let's be real here). To be more specific, the Nikon D80 has me all a-twitter! I'm teaching myself a bit about photography, and I've come to realize that I need more power behind the lens than my little Cannon Powershot A75, 3.2 megapixel, digital camera provides. She's been a great little camera for the past five years, but recently she's started going lips-up on me. I've started seeing shards of light flash across the screen that translate into the pictures. Bummer!Prior to my Cannon, I had used 35 mm and (gasp!) 110 mm film, and I would still (ultimately) like to be able to shoot 35 mm well and to develop my own film. (We'll save that and the chemical exposure for AFTER we birth children). There is, however, something awful convenient about being able to download the photos, instantly, to my computer. Being able to send them to family and friends and to store so many photos for future reference and documentation is also quite attractive.
The Nikon D80 has some awesome features including shooting 3 frames per second, a shutter speed of 80 ms, the ability to perform manual or automatic focus, and 10.2 megapixels for under $1000. Plus, thanks to Amazon, I can get a 200 mm zoom lens with the standard lens and camera so that I can shoot some of the amazing birds, bugs, and nature that Paul and I see on our regular hikes and walks...all at an amazing price.
So, hopefully within the next few months, with the help of our lovely tax return moneys, I'll be acquiring a new camera and the ability to take the kinds of pictures I've been longing to for a very long time. I guarantee our blogs will have much more interest!
Thanks for listening to my rant...
2 comments:
I have been wanting a new camera too! We almost splurged and bought one when we were home in Oregon over Christmas (no tax) but now am so glad we didn't since we came home to no job!
Oh, Sarah! I had heard about and read of the job loss (bastards!) and your job gain (congrats!). We've kept you guys in our prayers, and you're strength and faith have truly been an inspiration to me.
P.S. We're boycotting Yahoo!
Post a Comment