Monday, January 7, 2008

Christmas in Marin

Paul and I spent Christmas 2007 at Paul's parents' house in beautiful San Anselmo. We had a wonderful time with the folks and got to visit and open presents with Paul's sister, brother-in-law, and kids. And Paul and I went to our first Christmas mass as a married couple!

We had several days to spend in scenic Marin, so we (as Paul and I always do) squeezed in some nature-time while we were there. One of our favorite places to visit is Samuel P. Taylor State Park. It's fully of beautiful red woods, little water falls, and ferns a plenty. It's a spiritual place for us, especially in the early morning hours when we get to sit and listen to the forest wake.

It had been raining in Marin for a while before our visit, so the forest was wet and lush and everything had come out for a drink of water. We saw...

banana slugs...

and vermilion-capped mushrooms.


It was a very, Merry Christmas for the Domer family!

No comments: