Thursday, January 10, 2008

I got an interview!!!

Paul and I returned home from our Christmas in Marin to find the long-anticipated UCSF envelope waiting for us in the mailbox. I stood there in the entryway, staring at it's clue-less facade, wondering what fate its thin contents would soon reveal. After a minute, I slipped my finger under the flap of the envelope and slowly began to tear it open. My apprehension soon turned to glee when I saw the words "We are delighted..." peek-out from the envelope. Knowing that no one in their sane mind would be "delighted" to deliver bad news, I freed the letter from its confines and read on:

I have an interview at UCSF on Friday, February 8, 2008. I was one of 250 applicants offered an interview, whittled down from a pool of over 1600 applicants...the top 15%. Not too bad for an old lady! Now, my challenge is to wow them with my wit...stun them with my charm...and convince them that they can't live without me in this fall's entering class of 122 students.

Actually, in a sick way, I love interviews and normally feel quite at ease and conversational in such an atmosphere. I'm hoping that this one is no exception. I've had a lot of coaching from friends and colleagues at UCSF, and I'm so very fortunate to have my very own cheering section here at home. Thank you, all, for your love and support!

Keep your fingers crossed for me, folks...

I'm going in!!!

No comments: