Monday, January 28, 2008

I've been tagged!

Yay! Thank you for the tag, Sarah! I really enjoyed reading your post all about Justin. I know him a bit better now and, yes, he definitely looks a lot like Pa in the younger years!

T
his tag is all about hubbies, and I've been blessed with a pretty spectacular one!

1. What is his name? His name is Paul Joseph Domer. I call him PabloBear.

2. How long have you been together? Paul and I met on-line some time in early November of 2004. After weeks of e-mailing (and many, many nerves), our first date was on December 4, 2004, at the G Street Pub in Davis, CA. We've been inseparable ever since.

3. How long did you date? We actually dated for about a year before we got engaged December 29, 2005.

4. How old is he? He turned 31 this past January 10. His birthday is one day after my Papa's. They are two of the greatest men I have ever known.

5. Who eats more? Hmm. That's a toss-up! Paul really likes the sweet side of life while I'm a true fan of the salt. So, he can really put away the candy, and I'll be hovering around the meat and cheese tray. Both of us are trying to trim down the volume...thank you Weight Watchers!

6. Who said "I love you" first? I did and boy was I scared! That evening, we were snuggling on the sofa, talking, and watching a movie. I told him that I had to tell him something but that I was scared. He spent ten minutes trying to coax it out of me as I hemmed and hawed trying to muster-up the confidence to drop the "L bomb" on him (it was only our fourth month together). Paul chuckled the entire time because (as he tells me now) he knew exactly what I was trying to say. When I finally said it, the biggest and most beautiful smile in the world spread across his face and he told me that he had loved me too...for quite a while.


7. Who is taller?
Paul has a few inches on me. I think I'm 5'7" and he's 5'11".

8. Who is smarter? Paul would tell you that I was, but I will forever disagree. He is the smartest man that I have ever met. Having worked in a library for most of his life, he's been exposed to so many different topics of study and thought. He blows me away with the breadth of his knowledge! Paul, too, is definitely one of the few people who will entertain some of the hair-brained philosophies I have on life, who will listen to me rattle on about scientific experiments and papers in which I'm knee-deep, and who can piece together the fragment thoughts that often leave my mouth. I think we challenge one another on many levels. We're never bored. I love being married to my best friend!

9. Who does the laundry? We actually share this duty. I think it depends upon who's the most tired after work or who passes out first when we get home. But the loser (the more energetic, conscious one) will make sure that the laundry pile doesn't get too steep. Soon, without any gainful employment, I'll be making sure that he gets to come home, pass out, and still have clean shirts for the next day.

10. Who does the dishes? Again, we share this job. Actually, I think Paul does most of the kitchen duty. We kind of made a pact when we moved into our home. He preferred being inside and I loved being outdoors in the yard. So, I do most of the yard maintenance and he makes sure that we have clean dishes and plenty of room to cook (in our shoe-box of a kitchen!).

11. Who sleeps on the right side of the bed? I never know which is the left and which is the right. I guess that's good because we tend to alternate sleeping positions. I think that's strange, for most couples tend to pick a side and set-up camp. My sweet husband, bless his heart, warms my side of the bed for me every night before we go to sleep. While I'm in the shower, he climbs into my side of the bed, tucks himself in tight, and waits for me to get out of the shower. Then he lets me jump into the warmed flannel sheets while he scoots over to his cold side. Did I mention that I'm a lucky girl?

12. Who pays the bills? I do. I'm not a control freak (I guess I haven't come to terms with it yet...not quite as far along as Sarah!), but I do like having a perpetual handle on our finances, where the money is going, and how much we have left. I also get to exercise some of the OCD when I do bills. It's very orderly...very satisfying. Oh my goodness...I am a control freak!!!

13. Who mows the lawn? That would be me. I love doing yard work!

14. Who cooks the dinners? We share this task most of the time. We are both really good cooks and both really enjoy cooking. I think there was a time, long before we each knew the other, when we entertained notions of going to cooking school. We plan, one day, when I'm well on my way in pharmacy and we have some capital, to open a deli of our own. Paul is so adventurous in the kitchen. He has created some of the greatest stir-frys, pasta dishes, and culinary concoctions that have ever tantalized my taste buds. I'm a very lucky girl!

15. Who drives when you are together? I do. Again, control freak. I drive so defensively that I'm not sure I could ever be a truly non-backseat driver.

16. Who is more stubborn? Me...without a doubt. Neither of us (or anyone who knows us, for that matter) will squabble over this question. In my stubbornness, however, I never forget some very special advice my father-in-law once gave: "It's better to be kind, than right."

17. Who kissed who first? Paul kissed me first...first date...within the first three hours of meeting. Now, in defense of my morals, we had been talking every day for three weeks before we met, so I had a pretty good idea as to the character of this character. Even before we kissed for the very first time, I knew that my life would forever be more complete because of having met Paul.

18. Who asked who out first? Hmmm. Not sure. I think we just mutually agreed that we should meet for drinks or coffee or something. We've been "mutually agreeing" ever since!

19. Who proposed? Paul did. Oh, it's such a sweet story! Paul and I had been dating for about a year before he proposed, and we spent just about every day of that year together. Then, one night, I (again, just as scared as the first time I said "I love you") asked him what he would think of us moving in together. He kind of balked at first, and I immediately took that hesitancy as his lack of interest. I started crying and getting all hysterical (boy, I was a silly, emotional girl). He broke in and told me that he wanted to marry me...that he wanted me to be the mother of his babies...and that his hesitancy had nothing to do with how he felt about me. Once I quit sobbing, I asked him if he really meant what he said and if that was a proposal. He said "yes...would you raise babies with me?" That was a very good New Year's!!!

20. Who has more siblings? We have approximately the same make, model, and number. We each have one sister. I'm at one end of the spectrum, 22 months older than Melissa, and Paul is at the other, being 9 years younger then his sister, Michaela.

21. Who wears the pants in the family? The "pants." Hmmm. Well, Paul usually wears shorts, regardless of the weather. I'm a big fan of pants...jeans, in particular. But when it comes to making the decisions in the Domer Family, every step of the way is made as a team.

Well, there he is. Mr. Paul Joseph Domer. My husband. My best friend. Thanks for reading!

No comments: