Paul has told me many stories of his time growing up. Some of the most vivid, heart-felt, and memorable ones come from his years at Marin Catholic high school. When Paul and I were first dating, I remember his stories of friends Jenn and Tanya. I remember thinking that these ladies were awful lucky to have found such a friend in Paul and, at the same time, I felt eternally grateful to these women I didn't know. I was grateful because, through stories and adventures re-told, I came to truly appreciate the loyal, honest, and protective friendship they provided my husband-to-be through the tumultuous high school years. These awesome women sounded like friends that I'd wished were the support system of my youth.Years later, I actually got a chance to meet Jenn and Tanya (and the rest of the MC gang) at a birthday party in Novato. I remember being so terribly nervous as we made our way to that party. I was convinced that I wouldn't fit in...that I would feel like an outsider in this exclusive club where membership was forged by experiences in which I would never partake. Well, quite to the contrary and much to my delight, Jenn and Tanya welcomed me with open arms and instantly pulled me into the MC crew. We clicked like friends that had been apart for way too long!
Since that day, I have greatly enjoyed being in touch with these two amazing women. They are kind, loving, soulful, loyal, respectful, sexy, honest, hysterical, fun women...friends that I've needed for a very long time. Tanya and I will be celebrating our 30th birthdays together in a giant, joint, blow-out party at our little house on the tomato field. And Jenn and I have started keeping in touch by phone, lending support and a willing ear as we each navigate through our crazy lives. It's been years since I've enjoyed this kind of girl-y camaraderie and I'm loving it!
I have so many reasons for which to be grateful to Paul, and I can now add a very loving circle of devoted, loyal, and life-long friends to that ever-growing list!
Jenn, the rockin' belly dancin' nurse...

Tanya, the magnificent maven of Oaxaca...

No comments:
Post a Comment