Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Disneyland, here we come!

I'm so excited!!! This year, for my birthday, Paul is taking me to the happiest place on Earth. He's never been to Disneyland, and I haven't been in many years. When we used to live in southern California, we went quite often. As a child, growing up, it was a favorite destination for us. We've taken friends, family, and even our Girl Scout troop. (Yes, we sold enough Girl Scout cookies one year to fly an entire troop of 20 pre-teen girls to Anaheim, spend three nights in a hotel, and play around Disneyland for a couple of days. What a nightmare for our parent chaperons!)

So this year we're going, and I get in free on my birthday! We'll be flying down on Saturday, March 21, and spending four days and three nights right across the street from the Magical Kingdom. I can't wait to show Paul all of the rides, shows, and baubles that were hallmarks of my childhood. I want to take him all over Adventure Land (my favorite area of Disneyland), spin in the tea cups with him, and have a yummy Cajun dinner at the Blue Bayou as the Pirates of the Caribbean boats float by. We have so much to look forward to!

I'll keep ya'll up to date as the trip gets closer! Woo hoo!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What fun! And Paul's never been - you're going to have a blast.